11th Multidisciplinary Workshop on Advances in Preference Handling (M-PREF18)
Preferences are a central concept of decision making. As preferences are fundamental for the analysis of human choice behavior, they are becoming of increasing importance for computational fields such as artificial intelligence, databases, and human-computer interaction as well as for their respective applications.
The workshop will provide a forum for presenting advances in preference handling and for exchanging experiences between researchers facing similar questions, but coming from different fields.
- [1/18/2018] The schedule is now up on the Program Page!
- [12/18/2017] The accepted papers are available on the Program Page!
The workshop on Advances in Preference Handling addresses all computational aspects of preference handling. This includes methods for the elicitation, learning, modeling, representation, aggregation, and management of preferences and for reasoning about preferences. The workshop studies the usage of preferences in computational tasks from decision making, database querying, web search, personalized human-computer interaction, personalized recommender systems, e-commerce, multi-agent systems, game theory, social choice, combinatorial optimization, planning and robotics, automated problem solving, perception and natural language understanding and other computational tasks involving choices. The workshop seeks to improve the overall understanding of and best methodologies for preferences in order to realize their benefits in the multiplicity of tasks for which they are used. Another important goal is to provide cross-fertilization between the numerous sub-fields that work with preferences.
- Preference handling in artificial intelligence
- Preference handling in database systems
- Preference handling in multiagent systems
- Applications of preferences
- Preference elicitation
- Preference representation and modeling
- Properties and semantics of preferences
- Practical preferences
- Submission Deadline: Nov. 10, 2017.
- Notification: Nov. 20, 2017.
- Camera Ready: Dec. 15, 2017.
- Workshop: Feb. 3, 2018.
- AAAI 2018: Feb. 4-7, 2018